It's just..my personality

Last week, I had to work as a (let's just call it) mentor for the next year freshmen. It was so damn tiring because I had to stay at B*nus Square for 3 days straight without my comfy warm bed. So, what's troubling me the most was my inability to speak with people I just met. Not to mention a person, this is 10 people I'm talking about. Every time I spoke or tried to start a conversation, it ended up being awkward. I repeatedly told myself that I had to change for good but still no progress at all. I'm grateful that my friend chose to stay with me so I wasn't alone doing all the work. 

So after the hectic 3 days were over, my friends told me that I had to tell about myself when I met with new people. The problem is, I really really hate to tell others what kind of person I am. That's why in every interview, I have to think a bit when the interviewer asked 'Please tell me about yourself'. It's not because I'm introvert but rather I had seen many cases where people talked about themselves nonstop like the world revolves around them. They are only excited when they are talking about their lives but pay no attention when the other party talks like they do. 


Maybe that kind of thinking is stopping me from becoming a friendly person. If it is a habit, I can change it easily. On the other hand, if it is my personality, it is very hard or impossible to do so(well, nothing's impossible..but still). Moreover, some of my friends are like that. If I talked as much as them, who will be a listener? We will end up as 40-year-old aunties who just want to be listened and ignoring others.
This might be a bad trait. But I'll try hard to be as talkative as possible to people I just met.

Comments

Popular Posts