Contradictions and more contradictions

Today's post is kind of..debatable?So, I don't really mind if someone might post some angry comments on my blog.

Actually, this has always been in my mind but I don't know how to put it into words. Have you ever thought that actually this world is filled with contradictions? For instance, a few days ago in my history class I studied about prehistoric era. And it's said that modern humans were from Africa around millions years ago. So, before humans evolved to a species called homo sapiens, they were actually pithecanthropus or something. And suddenly what I had been wondered about was recalled. I thought "So..was Adam and Eve created as pithecanthropus or whatever it was?" I asked this to my friend who sat beside me.
What she told me was that her father used to study theology for some time and he was taught that Adam and Eve didn't exist. Okay, I don't know what her father had been taught but at least I was taught since I was a kid that everything bible said is true. An absolute truth. So..I found a contradiction.

I got home and tested the question on my brother who wants to become a priest one day. He said that pithecanthropus didn't exist. The archaeologist only found a tooth and a skull and that didn't mean it was a human. It could be animal or something. He also said that God's time and our time is different. We use time that is based on sun. So the 7 days in genesis could be several million years. Well, I had a thought like that too since long ago. We can't comprehend God with our limited minds completely after all. But it seems bible and history 'don't get along with each other'. More contradictions.

Another one, I borrowed a book about molecular biology and it has a theory of how cell was first formed. It's only a theory but it has some truth in it. So, cell is formed because of some nucleotides gathered and alkdsfjwieajfkdsjfoweakfj(I believe you don't want to be lectured too long) finally it formed amino acid that is a base for living organisms. Then the evolution process kicked in and #$%^&*($&#W&# tadahhh! Complicated living things like humans exist.
Well, another thought of mine, what if we are only a bunch of proteins being alive. Have you heard that love is only a chemical reaction in our brain?Kind of like that. What if we are soulless doll? Of course I don't believe that because of I believe in God. But what of those who even deny God's existence? When you die, you disappear like that.

Okay, I don't even understand what I'm saying anymore. So, my point is, this world is really full of uncertainties. Nothing is 100% correct. Believe in what you want to believe as I do. Or else, you'll be lost.

Comments

Popular Posts