Precious childhood

Recently, I saw a comment in YouTube. She's a 12-year old girl and she commented that when she's 4, she sang barney song around her house and now she spends her time browsing on internet all day. 

I have heard many of my friends complaint about how children now are techies. Everywhere you go, you'll see kids playing blackberry, iPad, etc. Is it a good thing or bad thing to be exposed to technology at such young age? Well, who knows? Maybe we'll see once they grow up.

But I'm actually surprised. My cousin who's in 3rd or 4th grade right now has played with mobile phone since she was in 1st grade if I recall. I've read about a research that said a child shouldn't be exposed to mobile phone until she/he is 12 because of the radiation it emitted. This made me thought a lot about it. Is it good to play with technologies since they were young?and what did I do when I was at her age?


I'm grateful that I didn't spend my childhood playing with mobile phone or blackberry or iPad. Every afternoon I would go outside with my friends to play with a ball or riding bicycle. At night we would play inside with dolls or even only play with our imagination. At least, I had such fun experiences to be reminisced.
When I'm a bit older I also played playstation. I miss it actually, playing playstation with my friends. We would cheer and shout like crazy. Well, the precious thing about it is how I had fun with my friends and interact with them.


Oh and there was also Pokemon. I wonder if children still watch it. Playing with Pokemon dolls and cards and acted like we were a Pokemon trainer. Now that I think about it, it's quite silly LOL. Other toys too, like beyblade(I used to play it on a frying pan) and lego(now lego is ridiculously expensive). 

How I miss those days <3


Well, those were our times. Now that we have grown up, I can't wait to see what kind of people kids these days will turn into.

Comments

Popular Posts