Optimism?Pessimism?

Since yesterday I always hear this word. Optimism. Optimism. Optimism.
I've never been really an optimist in my whole life?Why?
Well, maybe it's stupid, but I'm the only person who think that optimism is useless. Anyone think the same as me?I bet you don't. Maybe you already hear it countless time 'When you think positively, you'll reach your dream and blah2'. For me, it's only a doctrine.

From here on I'll share my thoughts about this. Maybe some of you are disagree with me as soon as u read this. Well, but this is my blog isn't it? :p
Feel free to agree or disagree. But please don't try to change my thoughts.

I'm not a pessimist and I'm not an optimist either. Well, I did think optimism is good. But not necessarily to think 'Oh it must be successful, since I think positively'. Bullshit. Who said that? In a business you can't think that way. Imagine you are an investor who want to invest your large sum of money in a company. Will you risk yourself by thinking that?
That's why when I'm planning to do something I always think the negative side of it. Everything in this world is a two-sided coin. Behind the light there must be a shadow. How could people said that they can do something without thinking the risk?


Every time my friends thought of something to do, and I started to point out the negative side of it like 'How if we ended this way or that way?' They labeled me as a pessimist and said 'Don't worry and blah2'(in Indonesian 'Pasti bisalah~'). Wth?It's not a pessimism. It's called prevention. If you are prepared because you know what will come in your way, wouldn't it increase the chance of success?

So, if you declare yourself an optimist person, shouldn't you look at everything positively?Including pessimism and negative thinking. It's not entirely bad.  It's bad when someone said 'No, I think it will fail' without pointing out what will make it fail. That's what you call a pure pessimist.

Comments

Popular Posts