Forgotten reality

A couple days ago I went to a zoo to take photos. Well, although it's for my assignment, but actually I took photos for fun. I never went to this zoo before, because I thought how unorganized a zoo is..especially those which government handled. And turned out I was wrong. Totally wrong.

I never expected that a zoo in a city called 'Jakarta' can be so...I don't know how to say it. So DIFFERENT from the city itself. As I walked through it, I thought I was in a dreamland. A walkway with trees on the both sides of it, calm breeze that touched my skin, and a little sunlight that shone through the leaves. Dang,I could spend hours just to stare at it. And for a while I forgot that God creates all those. I was bewitched and I thought 'How nice if I could spend everyday like this, enjoying the nature'. For a moment I had a peace in my mind. 
I tried to capture those moment with my camera. But unfortunately, there is no better camera than our eyes. You wouldn't believe if you didn't feel it. Well, I'm not sure if my friends felt the same way I did. But in that moment I forgot reality that I live in a city where everything is ruined.  

The last time I spent some time alone was in middle school as far as I could recall. At that time I used to go upstairs and enjoyed the sky in the afternoon. Well,there's not much to see now considering many apartments have been built and blocking my view.
And I remembered that sometimes I fantasized about living in a prairie on the hill with a river flowing nearby. Well..there goes my fantasies..it's kinda impossible to find that kind of place right now..In New Zealand maybe?

I really hope there were a chance like this some time again. A couple of hours to have a peaceful mind..Where everything seems to be forgotten :)

Comments

Popular Posts