A Little Passion I Found

Just recently, I found something I could call my passion. There are numerous things that I want to do and I finally braved myself to do this. It's singing. 
Kind of weird, since I can't sing. My voice doesn't even have vibrato that singers are proud of. My voice is never fit to sing a solo. That's why I joined a choir in my church around two months ago.

I have always this strange impulse every time I watched a choir. Like it's telling me to sing along. But it's a rule not to make a noise when a choir is singing. Not the usual one like 'Ah I know this song and I want to sing it'. But more like a slap in my conscience that made me want to sing really badly. However, as always, I'm a coward. Those worries about how to get along with the choir members and etc. made me step back. 

This time I think I have made quite a leap. I always regret quitting the choir when I was about 6. And now I'm 20 years old, I don't want to have more regrets in my life. Thanks to that strange impulse, which is I think God's pushing hand, I tried to ask my brother about that choir in the church and ask someone about me joining it. It's surprisingly easy, what was I afraid of before? It's so silly.

Right now, being a member of choir is something I'm grateful of. It has made a small changes in my life. Such as, I'm looking forward to Sunday more. During the 20 years of my life, going to church was an obligation. Although I knew it's wrong to think that way, but singing is God's own way to help me enjoy the church. I even feel that 2 hours singing are not enough.
If I'm not afraid to do this then I think I can do everything. It really becomes a great motivation for me.

Comments

  1. bagus cel kalo ini bs mendorong u ke hal2 yang lebih besar. semangat ya. rajin latihan, suara yang sehat juga lama2 bisa bervibra kok kalo emang dilatih dengan benar, hahahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts