The Alchemist

I've heard Coelho mostly because I follow Siwon's twitter but I never had a chance to buy his book. So last week I went to Kinokuniya bookstore and found the book. It's a bit pricey but I decided to buy it anyway.

I think this book the most awesome book I've ever read. Everyone can relate to the story inside. Although it is a fable, but it's easy to see the messages that the story conveys. 

Basically, the story is about a shepherd who followed his Personal Legend to the end. This Personal Legend is a dream that everyone has, or used to have. Sadly, not everyone followed their dreams to the end. Some abandoned it, or satisfied just to have a dream.
I'll quote a sentence that is always repeated in the book "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

The shepherd is told that he had to follow omens. Actually, I don't really believe in omen. But after finished reading this book, I felt like this book is an omen for me. Funny, huh? I have a very big dream and many times I thought to myself that my dream is too big to be realized. Well, this book gave my heart a punch. 

What's more interesting is this book only told us what we had known. Often, we are told to achieve our dream, to never give up, etc. But it makes no difference. Well, The Alchemist comes in a full package. It doesn't tell you something new, it reminds. 

'Hey you do have a dream. What have you done to achieve it?What are you so afraid of?'


 

Comments

Popular Posts