Proud to be a bookworm

Last week I went to the mall with my cousins and my brother. We went to the must-visit place, which is the bookstore. So, I separated myself from them to search for a book about HTML. I already thought of buying it a long time ago. When I scanned through the books about computer and design, I found some books that looks interesting. However when I read the books, I was disappointed. For example, a book with a title 'How to design logo', turns out to be a book that taught the reader how to use the tool in the photoshop to make some 'pretty' logo. That's not all, there were so many useless books. It's not because I already know the knowledge the book had, but because the information inside it is something we can google on internet. When you read the books, it's just.....meh. (FYI, in the end I searched through the database and turned out they didn't have any book about HTML. None at all.)

My lecturer said that we can find the knowledge that the internet doesn't have in the books. I found what my lecturer said was right. Every time I went to the library in my university, I was amazed because I could learn so many things from it. It's too bad that I only started to go to the library this semester since my lecturer told us to find some books and did a presentation from it. Not only me, but my friends too. It can't be helped since the library is in another building and we are too busy to go sometimes. 


But there are some people who (sadly) said that because we study design, we don't need those books at all since there is so little theory to study. Well, their reasoning is not entirely wrong, design DOES involve practice most of the time. However, what makes me angry is those people act like they are right. What a waste of those good books in library...
Maybe because I love studying and reading but does it hurt so much to read?Knowledge is one of a weapons to survive.
Maybe I don't have a good design skill like those people who said that, but in terms of knowledge I won't lose.



Back to those crappy books in the bookstore..I don't know if it is because of the e-book trends or whatever, but I hope people realize the importance of those books. It is hard enough to find people who love to read. Now, it's even harder to find good books.

Comments

Popular Posts