Focus on What Truly Matters

Hundreds or maybe thousands of beautiful flowers and hanging crystals that sparkled as if it was straight out of a fairytail book. In the center of it, stood two people that looked like a prince and a princess waving to the audience. The princess was so beautiful with her tiara it looked surreal. All of these things, are unfortunately, labeled in social media under 'dream wedding' and 'wedding inspiration' tag. This was also how me and most of my friends pictured how our wedding should look like. But not until I prepared it myself.
Somewhere along the way, I realized that beautiful things (especially weddings related) are costly. However, who wouldn't want their weddings to look gorgeous? I could spend all my savings from my 2 years of hardwork for my dream wedding. To look back proudly in my wedding photo. To fill my instagram with beautiful romantic photos. I know I could.
I tried to question Him many times. Why did other people can afford their dream wedding? Why couldn't I?  And without fail, again and again He reminded me to 'focus on what truly matters' and asked me back. Did you think that those wedding inspiration is what a marriage about? Deep down, I know the answer. Everyone is focused on how grand their D-day should look like. They forgot that what God will see is whether day by day your marriage honors Him.
Right now, I'm trying my hardest not to envy others. Although my pride(not to mention, perfectionism) as a designer always demanding more and more, I decided to redirect it to something else. Rather than focusing on how things should be, I made the best out of my situation. So, here I am, doing all these DIY craft that other bridezilla would never dare to do.
Currently, this is what my table looks like
I'm grateful that God still gave this clumsy hand of mine something new to learn. While my hands are busy, I also try to prepare my mind over and over. Prayer helped a lot. God always reminds me of my past experiences, on how His hand had led me through. He will lead my future too.
Hopefully, one day I could reminisce about all this and rejoice because I didn't forget what's important. Although my wedding day will not be as beautiful as others, let my marriage be the most pleasing sacrifice to God.

Comments

Popular Posts