Be grateful

It has been a few months since I last updated my blog. Everyday is so hectic. Hence, the chance to write just came today. 
Recently, I started my internship in a digital agency quite a distance from my home. It took me an hour to get there, sometimes more. I loved everything I learned as an intern. However, as my schedule in church also started to get packed due to Christmas, I hardly had time for myself. Here's my schedule everyday: 
wake up at 6AM
go to work at 6.45
get off work at 6 PM
go to church till 10 PM
sleep at 11 PM
I used to have a lot of time to self-reflect and recharge myself. But now, I have to try very hard just to control my negative thoughts. 

My church celebrated Thanksgiving, and somehow I was reminded about how often I complained. I always think about the me right now is better than how I was. Apparently I was wrong. Through my hectic days, God wants me to know this. That no matter how busy I am, I have to have a grateful heart. 
The funny thing is, my brother gave me a book  "A Minute of Margin". The book is about restore the life's balance on a busy life. I didn't even know how he gave that book on a very right time. Another funny thing is, on Thanksgiving, the chapter I read in that book is about how to give thanks to God. 

So, here's my list on things to be grateful for:
Things that I learned in my internship.
My friend that keeps my spirituality on fire - Feli
Chances to serve God
Friends in church that never grow tired to give the best for Him
My friend Nita that remembered to invite me on a holiday (LOL)
A healthy body (it's a miracle that I don't get sick at all
My bf for keeping me company everyday till late night and hearing me out when I was complaining
etc.

Hoping that I can keep this mindset everyday, no matter what.


Comments

Popular Posts