Reborn and reborn again

I'm writing this in the middle of my busy schedules, so I didn't really prepare this post beforehand. In my previous post, I wrote about how I wanted to try to change myself from a very negative me. The very funny thing is, I felt that God lent me a hand on it. 

If you read the bible, you'll know how it's written that this life is like a 'race'.
Phil 3:12-14  Not that I have become perfect yet; I have not yet won, but I am still running, trying to capture the prize for which Christ Jesus captured me. I can assure you my brothers, I am far from thinking that I have already won. All I can say is that I forget the past and I strain ahead for what is still to come; I am racing for the finish, for the prize to which God calls us upward to receive in Christ Jesus.
After the thought of wanting to change surfaced, I've met several people who are passionate in their 'race'. Somehow, by seeing them, I'm reminded how I had been slacking off in my race.

I admit that it's not easy to change myself, as I still have the thought 'Why am I doing this?'. Because the person I strive to be is so not me. A person who is compassionate, positive, and whatever it is that reflects God's love in it. That makes me feel kind of fake. But even if there's a part of me that think 'this is wrong', somehow I know I'm on the right path. 

A book called 'Purpose Driven Life' is helping me. People quoted this book a lot that I was so curious but now I lay my hand on it! (Well, actually, it was borrowed). But I really recommend it for people who haven't read it. More like, for people who don't know why they are here on earth and what to do. You'll get slapped everyday, I mean it. 

Oh, and this title is inspired from how I was supposed to have been reborn years ago, but fell into slump, and reborn again! I think it will be a cycle of endless reborns.
I'll try to update my progress! Hope I won't lose my passion in this 'race' :)

Comments

Popular Posts