Uh oh It's September

My previous post title is 'Cleaning part 1' but no part 2 it seems. Mainly because I didn't find anything worth to post and another reason is.. Well, apparently my parents did some cleaning on my room when I was gone a week for holiday. But they threw things everywhere so my previous cleaning was useless. This time I'll post about my holiday in Batam and Singapore.

I was supposed to go to Batam for a day and got on the ferry to Singapore the next day with my cousin. However, as I was waited to board on the plane in the airport, suddenly my father texted me. My uncle was hospitalized for food poisoning so my cousin decided not to take off. And so..my solo trip began. 

I stayed at my other cousin's house in Batam for a day before going to Singapore and 3 days after I went back. Everyone told me that everything were so cheap at Batam. Unfortunately, I was not so interested in shopping clothes, shoes, or whatever. So my cousin mostly took me to eat and play. 

Well, that place was so different from Jakarta. There are many trees and there weren't any skyscraper. And to be honest, I can hardly understand what the people were talking about. Mostly spoke Mandarin, and even if they spoke Indonesian, the accent made it harder to decipher. 


In my cousin's house, there's no computer or internet. My niece took me to a small internet cafe. I had to say that was the..noisiest internet cafe I had ever visited. All of them were children. Well, it's common to see children in internet cafe, but I never saw children roaming around in the internet cafe. Some were just going back and forth, peeked at what game people played and so on. I didn't mind if I were playing but I was browsing my facebook and twitter. They peeked at what I typed. Really..

I went to one of the mall (almost mall, I think?) and went to the game center. It kinda shocked me that there were middle aged men playing there. I watched a little what they were playing but it was actually a gambling game in disguise LOL. But what I couldn't forgive was they played while smoking, in the middle of the kids' game center. There were 2 out of 3 game centers that allowed smoking. The supermarket was amazing though. It's not as modern but 70% of the goods were imported. 

It was the first time I went by ferry to Singapore. I thought I was going to have seasickness but none at all! The swaying was fun rather than dizzying. I didn't go much there, but the second day was exceptionally fun. I bought some cheap design books. One of them with full color and hard cover was only $5. Wow. Nothing interests me more than shopping books. 
I missed out so much because I only had three days there. 
But the lesson was, never went somewhere alone because apparently I didn't have the strength to carry my luggage. When I wanted to go home, I had to call my friend to help me. Whew, thank you Riyan. 
Another lesson, never trust gothere.sg completely LOL. The first time I went to SG I had a rough time finding way to Snow City until I couldn't walk and my knees were hurting. This time Gilang used it and in the end, we were soooo exhausted because unclear direction. But not nearly as much as my last trip. 

And well, that was my holiday. It's September right now and I'm busy again. *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts