Just gotta love it

Today it's the first time I finished watching anime in a day. There are many good anime that made me awed but this one is different. I can't stop spazzing until now! And this is the first anime that made me cry. So maybe I'll write a little review as well as my thought about this anime. The anime title is Romeo x Juliet. 


Just like the title, it's based on Romeo and Juliet story. But the interesting part is, this anime only takes the essence of the story(the dispute between two family, forbidden love, and some scenes like the balcony scene). In other words, this anime is a twisted story of Romeo and Juliet. So, I don't recommend you to watch if you want to seek similarities in it. Instead, try to see how well-developed the story is.

I actually want to tell about the ending but to spoil an ending in a movie is a greatest sin isn't it?LOL
Well, in case you are bored by it, just keep watching till the end because the ending is simply beautiful. 

The graphic itself is very good. Maybe not as good as action anime, but for a romance genre(actually it has action genre too), this is more than I could hope for. Many scenes with flower petals are just beautiful. And the city where the characters lived was so well-drawn. Oh, I almost forgot, the opening song is the Japanese version of 'You Raise Me Up'. The lyrics don't have the same meaning but you will love it, the opening credit especially. I watched the opening numerous time and I have not bored of it yet.

Warning: this anime is highly recommended for girls. Why? Well, because guys won't like this kind of heavy romance. Even as a girl I found it full of cliches. 
This is my first review of an anime. Maybe I'll try to write a book review next?

Comments

Popular Posts